January 8, 2015

On the healthy train

So, after last year's adventure to move to a healthier lifestyle with Trim Healthy Mama, my husband did wonderfully and I did, not so wonderfully. I wound up falling off the wagon, in a major way - though I didn't really gain any weight, I wasn't losing either. I wound up giving up and eating whatever I wanted. In late fall 2014, I was looking at my Instagram and saw that YouTuber Olga Kay was making amazing progress with this new fitness program by Tony Horton (Beachbody) called P90. I did some research on the program, which hadn't been released to the public yet, and it was being marketed as the program for EVERYONE. I had a bad knee - patellar tracking disorder, subluxation, and arthritis - I'm on my way to a partial knee replacement in the near future - so any workout program I have ever tried I failed miserably at. P90 looked so different though, it looked like something I could do and with the modifier option, definitely could do. So I waited and waited for it to be released in November and bought it the day that it went on sale. With my purchase, I received a 7 day sample of Shakeology.

I CAN'T DO SHAKES.

Any protein shake, or nutritional supplement I have ever tried made me nearly vomit. I can't do the taste of protein shakes. But hey, it was a free sample so I figured what the heck? I did research on Shakeology in the mean time to learn about it and I found out that it is so much more than just a protein shake. It's loaded with superfoods and nutrients that most of us would likely never eat in our lives.

I was perusing my Instagram again, and was in the "Explore" section where it shows you photos of people that are common to what you like, people you follow, etc. and I stumbled across this girl ~ Katie who, upon looking at her page, was a BeachBody Coach. At this point, I didn't have a coach. So I commented on her post and we connected on Facebook. Funny enough, she actually lived in the same area as me and was even at my best friend's wedding that I was in in October. Such a small world. She invited me to her December support group, and subsequently the January one.

Katie is AMAZING.

She also invited me in late December to a "Learn About Coaching" group, like an Internship, into the world of being a Beachbody Coach. Let me tell you, I am in!! I am going to be signing up to be a coach in the next day or two and I am SO EXCITED to take this journey. I will be creating a Facebook page and will be posting my stories, success, tips, etc on here.

If you want to join me, please do! I look forward to working with you.